One day, I hope to write my own cook book. In order to do that, I have to stop mixing unmeasured ingredients into a bowl and rolling with it. So this is my first step. Blogging as I go! Measure, measure, measure!! Most of the recipes I'll add, are my own, but I have to share some of my other favorites too, in which I can not take credit for. That being said, I'll try to add the link to the bottom of the recipe for you to follow those sites also!

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Lemon bar recipe



Lemon Bars!!
ingredients-
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup butter, softened
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 tablespoon finely shredded lemon peel (set aside)
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, leaving about 1 inch of foil extending over the ends. In a large bowl, stir together the 2 cups flour and the 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Add butter and beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed just until mixture begins to cling together. Press into the bottom of prepared baking pan. Bake about 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
2. In a medium bowl, beat eggs with a whisk; whisk in granulated sugar and lemon juice until well mixed. Whisk in the 1/4 cup flour and the lemon peel. Pour over baked crust.
3. Bake about 20 minutes more or until edges begin to brown and center is set. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Remove bars from pan, using the overlapping foil to lift from pan. Sift additional powdered sugar over top. Cut into bars or into 21 3/4-inch diamonds. Store, covered, in refrigerator!

No comments:

Post a Comment