One day, I hope to write my own cook book. In order to do that, I have to stop mixing unmeasured ingredients into a bowl and rolling with it. So this is my first step. Blogging as I go! Measure, measure, measure!! Most of the recipes I'll add, are my own, but I have to share some of my other favorites too, in which I can not take credit for. That being said, I'll try to add the link to the bottom of the recipe for you to follow those sites also!

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

My Potato Soup

Ingredients
3 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cube chicken bouillon
1 cup water
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pinch ground black pepper
2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup chopped ham or bacon


Directions
In a large stock pot add potatoes, celery, onion, chicken bouillon, water and parsley flakes. Season with salt and pepper and simmer until vegetables become tender.
In a separate bowl mix flour and milk. Once it is well blended, add to soup mixture and cook until soup becomes thick.
Stir in cheese, cooked ham or bacon, and simmer until cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment