One day, I hope to write my own cook book. In order to do that, I have to stop mixing unmeasured ingredients into a bowl and rolling with it. So this is my first step. Blogging as I go! Measure, measure, measure!! Most of the recipes I'll add, are my own, but I have to share some of my other favorites too, in which I can not take credit for. That being said, I'll try to add the link to the bottom of the recipe for you to follow those sites also!

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Bacon/ranch chicken pasta

Great recipe for the crock pot! 

2 bacon strips, cooked and shredded (turkey or regular)
1 tsp minced garlic
1 package ranch dressing mix
1 10.75 oz can condensed cream of chicken soup (98% fat free)
1 cup fat-free sour cream

1/2 an onion chopped or minced
16 oz. chicken breasts,  defrosted/raw, cut into cubes
8 oz. pasta (I used rigatoni), cooked by pkg instructions 

Combine the first 6 ingredients. Place defrosted/raw chicken in Crock pot, sprayed with nonstick cooking spray and pour sauce over the top (do NOT include water like the can mentions). Cook on high for 3.5 hours.. Cook pasta per package instructions on stove. Add cooked pasta to the Crock Pot. Let it cook on low setting for about 20 minutes. Then its ready to enjoy!


Helpful hint: I use the Slow Cooker bags for my crock pot meals! Easy clean up and no soaking the crockpot to get the sauce off the side!!

No comments:

Post a Comment