One day, I hope to write my own cook book. In order to do that, I have to stop mixing unmeasured ingredients into a bowl and rolling with it. So this is my first step. Blogging as I go! Measure, measure, measure!! Most of the recipes I'll add, are my own, but I have to share some of my other favorites too, in which I can not take credit for. That being said, I'll try to add the link to the bottom of the recipe for you to follow those sites also!

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Chicken and Broccoli casserole


Broccoli and Chicken Casserole
·ingredients
·         4 ounces dried medium noodles
·         2 ½ cups chopped cooked chicken or turkey
·         1 10 ounce package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
·         ½ cup sliced green onions
·         1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
·         ½ cup skim milk
·         ½ cup shredded Swiss cheese (2 ounces)
·         1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
·         1/8 teaspoon pepper
 Dash of Paprika


directions
1.Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain well.
2.In a 2-quart casserole stir together noodles, chicken or turkey, broccoli, and green onions.
3.In a medium mixing bowl stir together soup, milk, cheese, basil, and pepper. Stir into noodle mixture.
4.Bake, covered, in a 350 degree F oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with paprika. Makes 6 servings.
 Also you can prepare this up to 24 hours ahead of time and just cover, refrigerate and bake as above. 

No comments:

Post a Comment