One day, I hope to write my own cook book. In order to do that, I have to stop mixing unmeasured ingredients into a bowl and rolling with it. So this is my first step. Blogging as I go! Measure, measure, measure!! Most of the recipes I'll add, are my own, but I have to share some of my other favorites too, in which I can not take credit for. That being said, I'll try to add the link to the bottom of the recipe for you to follow those sites also!

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Delicious stuffed mushrooms


This recipe is pretty interchangeable! I switch it up a little every time I make it! I've added broccoli, red peppers, cheddar cheese instead of pepper jack, green peppers, bacon, etc. Work with the ingredients you have!!


Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for tossing and drizzling
  • 1 link italian mild sausage (or turkey sausage)
  • 24 large white mushrooms, stems removed, reserved and chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 4 ounces pepperjack cheese
  • 3/4 cup  breadcrumbs
  • 8 oz cream cheese
  •  salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
  • **optional chopped japlapeno pepper for a nice kick!

Directions

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and once hot, add the sausage and cook, breaking up with the back of a wooden spoon, about 2 minutes. Once the sausage is beginning to brown, add the mushroom stems and continue to cook until soft and the sausage is cooked through. Add the garlic and briefly saute until fragrant. Transfer the mixture to a bowl. Add the pepper jack, breadcrumbs and cream cheese to mixture and stir to combine.
Place the mushroom caps cavity-side up on the a sheet tray. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spoon the filling into the cavities and drizzle again with olive oil. You may need to pack down the filling with your hands. Bake 20 minutes.

Enjoy!!  And don't forget to invite me over ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment