One day, I hope to write my own cook book. In order to do that, I have to stop mixing unmeasured ingredients into a bowl and rolling with it. So this is my first step. Blogging as I go! Measure, measure, measure!! Most of the recipes I'll add, are my own, but I have to share some of my other favorites too, in which I can not take credit for. That being said, I'll try to add the link to the bottom of the recipe for you to follow those sites also!

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Chicken Torino

My boss made this at work one day and I absolutely LOVED the recipe!! It was also a big hit at home, minus the bacon, since Billy won't eat it! 

Ingredients-

4 boneless chicken breasts
1/2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 jar of pesto (I use Private Selection brand Basil Pesto, found at Kroger)
6-8 button mushrooms, cleaned and chopped
1-1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese 
1 bag chopped pecans (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray your 9x13in baking dish with cooking spray. Par-bake your chicken for about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and spread 2 tbsp of pesto over each piece of chicken. Layer your cheese, mushrooms, bacon, and pecans over top. Bake for about 15-20 more minutes. Enjoy! 

This meal is very good with rice pilaf, and fresh steamed veggies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment