One day, I hope to write my own cook book. In order to do that, I have to stop mixing unmeasured ingredients into a bowl and rolling with it. So this is my first step. Blogging as I go! Measure, measure, measure!! Most of the recipes I'll add, are my own, but I have to share some of my other favorites too, in which I can not take credit for. That being said, I'll try to add the link to the bottom of the recipe for you to follow those sites also!

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Meatloaf stuffed peppers

Meatloaf stuffed peppers! Such an easy, delicious dish. I used sweet yellow peppers, mainly because I had them on hand, but any color pepper will do!



Ingredients:
MEATLOAF:
1 lb ground beef
1 egg
1 med. onion chopped
1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 cup milk
1 cup cracker or bread crumbs
salt and pepper

Topping:
2 TBSP brown sugar
2 TBSP mustard
1/3 cup of ketchup
1/3 cup barbecue


3 bell peppers of your choice


Set your oven to 375* and let it preheat. Grab a sheet tray, line it with wax paper or grease it well.  First I cleaned the peppers and cut it in half, de-seeded it, cut little slits into the outside so the heat can reach the meatloaf quicker, and set it aside. Next you make your meatloaf! Combine all your ingredients together. Grab a handful and stuff your pepper. Place all your peppers on your baking sheet. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes, then take out and add your sauce topping. Place back into the oven for 30 minutes. 
Let cool for 5 minutes, and enjoy!
\

No comments:

Post a Comment