One day, I hope to write my own cook book. In order to do that, I have to stop mixing unmeasured ingredients into a bowl and rolling with it. So this is my first step. Blogging as I go! Measure, measure, measure!! Most of the recipes I'll add, are my own, but I have to share some of my other favorites too, in which I can not take credit for. That being said, I'll try to add the link to the bottom of the recipe for you to follow those sites also!

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Candy Tray for Christmas





          These cute little do it yourself trays are perfect for the upcoming holiday season! You can make them round, square, or get creative with your own shape! I did not come up with this on my own, although I wish I had! All it takes is these little red and white hard candies, or the green and white ones if you prefer. Wax paper, a cookie sheet, and some patience to unwrap all the little candies. 

Line your tray with wax paper. Place your candy in desired design, not touching but not spread apart far. These candies will spread out as they melt! Place in a preheated 350 degree oven for 7-10 minutes. Place on a wire cooling rack for about 30 minutes! Then carefully turn upside down and take the wax paper off.

 I decided since we weren't going to eat the tray, to just trim the wax paper from the edges. I didn't want the color from the peppermints to transfer on any of our hosts counter tops. Also, DO NOT out in the fridge to cool quicker. I learned the hard way and mine cracked!

After about 3 hours of cooling time the top shouldn't be sticky anymore and should be ready to add treats too!

No comments:

Post a Comment